ANNOUNCEMENTS FOR THE WEEK OF JULY 1, 2018
6th SUNDAY AFTER PENTECOST
NOISY OFFERING this month will be going to the Women’s resource Center.
ALTAR FLOWERS this morning are placed by Gary and Bev Engel in celebration of the 19th wedding anniversary of Marty and Heather Engel. God’s blessings.
BULLETINS this month are given by Gary and Bev Engel in thanksgiving to God for His many blessings.
Dedications for both the bulletins and the flowers are found at SIGN UP CENTRAL in the green notebook. $10 for flowers and $10 for bulletin dedications. Each week our flowers are donated to Flowers for Friends to be distributed throughout the community.
THANKS BE TO GOD FOR OUR VOLUNTEERS Please check the volunteer schedule in the green binder at the sign up table. The volunteer list beginning January 2018 is available in the green notebook. Please cross your name off of the list if you are unable to volunteer. If you can find a substitute please fill in the name. If you can’t find one, let Pastor Sherry know.
Sunday, July 1
10:00AM: Greeter: Dan Bays & Grant Engel; Usher:; Lector: David Klinger; Acolyte: Sophie Cone; Head Usher: Melissa Hansen; Cantor:; Assistant to the Minister: Wesley Meckstroth; Coffee Hour: Keith & Betony Braddock and Ryan & Janelle Warnemuende; Recycling: Bryan Young; Bread Baker: Sandy Bernier; Nursery: Olivia Nolff; Counters: Kasi Meckstroth and Gail Drake
Sunday, July 8th
8:30AM: Greeter: DeWayne & Joan Cox; Usher: Trudy Day; Lector: Karen Hamal; Cantor:; Acolyte:; Assistant to the Minister: Sue Finley; Head Usher: Jeff Hamal; Coffee Hour: DeWayne & Joan Cox and Gary & Bev Engel
10:00AM: Greeter: Danker family; Usher: Shawn Young; Lector: Dean Tahtinen; Acolyte: Teague Meckstroth; Head Usher: Boyd Manges; Cantor:; Assistant to the Minister: Dean Tahtinen; Coffee Hour: Cones Family & Cusenza Family ; Counters: Mary Kay O’Donnel & Mike Smith; Bread Baker: Sandy Bernier; Recycling: Youngs; Nursery: Olivia Nolff
SIGN UP FOR SUMMER WORSHIP VOLUNTEERING AS SOON AS YOU CAN! Check the Green notebook for volunteer times that need volunteers! Summer is always chaotic so if you sign up first, Pastor Sherry will fill in the volunteers with the time and talent sheets.
BIRTHDAY & ANNIVERSARY BLESSINGS!
July 2: Tyler Brown; July 4: Jim Knibbs; July 7: Elliott Drake
July 3: Marty and Heather Engel
CONFIRMATION: We would like to congratulate Teague Meckstroth on being confirmed. Teague is the daughter of David and Kasi Meckstroth and sister to Wesley.
ELDERBERRIES: The Elderberries will meet July 13th at 12:30PM for a picnic at the pavilion at Camp Petosega. Questions: call Lynn Engdahl at1- 989-513-0430or Joan Cox at 1-231-526-6126.
MARK THE CALENDAR: When using the church building for meetings etc. please mark the day and time on the calendar, on the bulletin board by the women’s bathroom, so a reminder can be put in the announcements.
CHURCH TRIVIA: God’s Work Our Hands” is coming up the first weekend in September this year! “God’s Work, Our Hands” is an international day when the Evangelical Lutheran Churches in America and all over the world take a day to serve together…all in bright Yellow T-Shirts serving in local communities. We have served by picking up trash along the lake shore and rivers, and we also serve at the Women’s Resource Center. We work at the Gold Mine North shop where we clean, separate, price, help to organize, paint and other things to help out WRC who also helps the community. Gail Kloss is the Executive Director at the WRC and continues to make things better for our community by offering a safe place for those in situations that are harmful, unsafe, and abusive. But the WRC has a lot of other services too: 100 men campaign, day care, programs against abuse and for healthy relationships, and many more.
NOISY OFFERING IN JULY: Women’s Resource Center of Northern Michigan. The WRC has been an important part of our community by offering a safe place for women and children who are in abusive and oppressive situations. But the WRC is also more than that…they offer day care and programs on dating and healthy relationships; 100 men campaign; educational programs and so much more. We also support the WRC by shopping at the Gold Mine stores and volunteering on God’s Work Our Hands day.
ART EXHIBIT IN HARBOR SPRINGS: THE LIFE OF OUR LORD - Pierre has been asking God in his prayers to use him for spreading the word. God has answered his prayers. His paintings are displayed in sequence from the Annunciation to the Ascension to Heaven at his gallery at 188 East Main Street, Harbor Springs. If you get a chance go and see his paintings.
FINANCIALS FOR THE MONTH OF FEBRUARY 2018:
THANK YOU FOR SHARING YOUR TREASURES
Income Need Difference
General Fund 10622.45 10121.81 500.64
Synod Benevolence 342.00 782.75 (440.75)
Property Fund 660.00 1762.50 (1102.50)
11624.45 13387.84 (1042.61)
HERE IS WHAT’S HAPPENING IN OUR NECK OF THE WOODS! (Don’t forget to sign up on the calendar when you are planning your events.)
Sun., July 1: 10AM Holy Communion Services
Mon., July 2:
Tues., July 3:
Wed., July 4: Independence Day
Thurs., July 5:
Fri., July 6:
Sat., July 7:
Sun., July 8: 8:30AM & 10AM Holy Communion Services; Little Traverse Youth Choir will be singing with us!
MARK YOUR CALENDARS:
· For those in the armed services: Michael Drake, Ryan Finley, Jeremy Hamal, Douglas Dinger, Derik Dinger
· The children and parents being separated at the boarder (Tricia Rogers)
· Grace Matzinger Marshall at the death of her professor
· Kirstin Manges as she moves to Pennsylvannia
· Debbie Hall, cancer
· Sharon Scott, recovering from surgery
· Carl Carver family of Mark & Deb Manker
· The Popp Family
· Juani Oliveres, friend of Jill Ryan
· Thom Parcher, nephew of JoAnn Wilder
· Robert & Janet Wilder parents of JoAnn Wilder
· Sue Duffiney, Jean Smith’s sister.
· Mark Jackson, Thrivent Rep…for healing prayers.
· Carolyn Schotts (family of Wayne and Priscilla Meyer)
· Terry Mast through cancer (family of Wayne and Priscilla Meyer)
· Jan Mast for healing (family of Wayne and Priscilla Meyer)
· Pam Banwell and family (sister-in-law to Pam Campbell)
· Fred Lee (brother to Jean Smith)
· Steve Moreno (family of Dagny King, Gail Kloss, Dan Bays, Terri Bays, Denise Bays, Gwen Moreno)
· Healing for the family of Kathy Rusche
· George, friend of Tom Olsen
· Thomas Parcher and the Martin family, family of JoAnn Wilder & Boyne Manges
· Sheri, friend of Kathy Rusche
· Juliana Lind, niece of Lori Lind Ryan
· Rebecca Johnson; friend of Irene Feeley14
· Marcia Froelich, family of Kathy Phelps-Rusche
· Mandy Meckstroth, sister-in-law to David Meckstroth
· Jerry Moots (brother of Bev Engel) as he heals
· Lois Moots
· Leah Scott (David Meckstroth’s sister)
· Craig Finley and family (brother of Sue Finley)
· Nancy (friend of Lynn and Gordy Engdahl)
o Glenna Arends
o Ruth Koski (mother of Gail Drake)
o Nan Olson (friend of Lynn and Gordy Engdahl)
o Ron Rodgers (brother of David Rodgers)
o Erica Riviera (cousin of Dean Morford)
o Val Long, Kenny Clark, CJ, BHC (friends of T. Rodgers)
o Luke, Jamie, Mark, Miriam & Aaron Ulrich (family of Lois Ulrich)
o Citizens of Flint, Detroit and Howell, whose water is also failing.
o Those who are being subjected to hate and violence in this world because of racism, genderism, sexism